P&C-run School Banking
School Banking Coordinator: Angela Zappulla
We cannot operate without all our valued parents and school volunteers. If you would like to help contribute some time, please contact our P&C via email@example.com
School Banking Day: Every Wednesday
We have two (2) banks involved in our School Banking program at Woombye State School.
1. Our local Woombye District and Community Bank (Bendigo Bank)
- WD&CB is one of our schools major sponsors who generously donate many thousands of dollars each year to fund different projects around the school e.g. welcome mats, coloured flags at the school entrance, funding towards the new sign at the front of the school.
- WD&CB donate many prizes for different fundraisers each year and their mascot “Piggy” excites all the children at many school events and parades.
- WD&CB generously donates $10 to our school for each account opened by Woombye State School families in addition to monthly financial commissions based on the amount of money banked through our School Banking.
2. Commonwealth Bank of Australia – Dollarmite Accounts
How to Open accounts
- Come along to our signup day at beginning of year, or
- Visit your local branch and generally bring the birth certificate and Medicare Card of who is opening the account with you.
School Banking Process
- On Tuesday mornings, place your Banking into the School Banking folder in your classroom. On Wednesday mornings, these will be processed.
- You can drop your banking deposit books into the school office but please make sure it is by the first bell on Wednesday.
- We return your books to your teacher’s pigeon hole by late Wednesday morning and they should hand them back to the students by the end of the day.
- Bendigo Banking is delivered to Bendigo bank tellers for processing.
- Commonwealth Banking is processed via the Bank’s online secure portal which keeps a record of every child’s transactions.
- Bendigo Bank account holders: A student is eligible to obtain one of the rewards after every five (5) bankings. We let each student know when they can submit one of the vouchers on their prize sheet, with a note in their deposit book. It usually takes a week to turn around prizes.
- CBA account holders: A student is eligible to obtain one of the rewards after every ten (10) bankings. We let each student know when they can submit one of the vouchers on their prize sheet, with a note in their deposit book. It usually takes a week to turn around prizes.
Banking through our School Banking service earns our school P&C valuable funds through commissions, and more importantly aims to teach responsible money management and budgeting strategies to children from an early age.